We have been living in Charlottesville, Virginia for the past two and a half years while Scott attends medical school at the University of Virginia. Scott is usually studying, so Brighton and I have become pretty creative on keeping ourselves busy. As you all know, I was pretty upset when we found out that we were moving because we have the most amazing family and friends a person could ask for. Its taken a little while to get use to, but we love it thanks to very special friends. Life on the east coast is very different but fun. It is so weird to drive only a couple of hours and pass through several states. It is definitely georgous out here and there is plenty to do. We have gone up to Manhatten several times to visit Scott's brother and we go to D.C. and Richmond quite a bit too. It's also nice because the beach is only an hour and a half away. The history out here is amazing and the campus is beautiful, it was designed by Thomas Jefferson. For the most part eveything in this town is redbrick, black shutters and white columns, very colonial style. As you all know, Brighton and I travel back to Utah every six weeks to work for a few days. It is so great and we are loving it. So for now we get the best of both worlds.




Sunday, June 22, 2008

So as you all know, I am pretty slow at updating my blog.  I am trying!!!  Between being a full-time mom and working a lot with no babysitter, there isn't a whole lot of spare time to do anything else.  Anyway a lot of people have been asking about the design at the top of by blog.  Believe me I'm not that talented.  My really good friend Rebecca Walters designed that for me in exchange for helping her decorate her house.  She is amazing and we have had so much fun together.  We have been getting together and doing these little photoshoots with our kids.  It has been such a blast and the pictures have been amazing.  The secret garden picture on the right is one of them and there will be more to come as soon as I get a chance.

4 comments:

Kimberly Porter said...

Hi Ang! Sure love and miss you. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

I've been keeping up with the Bachelorette and LOVING IT! I'm rooting for Jason...but I have a feeling she's going to end up with Graham which will probably end up with no wedding. :(

Anyway, drop me a line when you have some time.

Rebecca said...

I definitely got the better end of the deal:) I still owe ya:)!

Amanda said...

Brighton is so adorable! And Rebecca sure is talented, but that's not to say that you aren't either. I saw the pics of her house and you did an awesome job! A hair dresser and an interior designer?!?! You've got it made!

Kimberly Porter said...

By the way, there's not many blogs that I enjoy the music that comes on, but wow, Taylor Swift...she's something else!